Don’t wait for the perfect time to become an entrepreneur. Stack the odds in your favor and bet on yourself!
If you want to succeed in anything you do in life, especially in business, you have to be willing to bet on yourself. Yes, that means taking a chance on yourself which is the best investment you’ll ever make. Don’t wait around saying to yourself, one day I’ll start a business. Tomorrow is not promised today for anyone.
So why not start today and bet on yourself?!
How many times have you thought about walking away from your full-time job? Or you felt like you weren’t living in your purpose? I can relate because I’ve been there. In this article, you are going to learn what it truly means to Be Willing to Bet on Yourself Every Time.
First things first! You must……
Be Your Own Biggest Fan
I am going to let you in on a little secret, you have to learn to be your own biggest fan. There will be people in your life who are not as excited as you are about your dreams, goals, and aspirations. Truth is, some may not want to see you succeed. It’s disheartening and can be discouraging, especially when they don’t buy from you. But don’t let that stop you from becoming an entrepreneur and succeeding in your business. There are people out there who will see your value.
If you’re someone that struggles with confidence, know that you are not alone. A great way to overcome negativity is with positivity by speaking life into yourself. Here are a few positive affirmations that you can use daily:
Positive Affirmations for Success
- The products and services I provide is of high value to my customers
- My business allows me to live a life that I love
- My business is a huge success
- I will create a legacy and build generational wealth in my business
- I have the skills and abilities to build the business of my dreams
- I easily attract my ideal clients
- I easily attract sales.
- I will be presented with a huge opportunity
Failure Is Not an Option
It’s natural to want your business to succeed. I mean, who doesn’t?! But at some point, you will reach a point of failure in the world of entrepreneurship. According to Entrepreneur, 20% of small businesses fail within their first year, 30% fail within their second year, and half in their fifth year. But don’t let that discourage you. Instead, change your mindset of how you look at failure and look at it as an opportunity to learn.
This is what failure will teach you:
- Your mistakes will teach you what not to do again
- Learn to seek help or mentorship in an area of business you’re not good at
- You’ll find out if you were passionate or not about your business idea
- And more!
Entrepreneurs Who Failed Before They Succeeded
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple was fired from his own company. He produced two products, Apple I and Apple Lisa that cost a lot of money and didn’t do well in sales. He left and started a successful company and eventually, came back to Apple with his innovative ideas and helped build it to what it is today.
- Melissa Butler, founder of The Lip Bar was on the popular hit television show “Shark Tank” and was told her business wasn’t a great idea. She proved them wrong and now her beauty products can be found in 1,000+ stores nationwide.
Get Uncomfortable With Being Comfortable
In business, you must have a desire to learn. By staying in the perimeters of your comfort zone, you won’t push yourself to learn and try new things. When you decide to bet on yourself, you’re going to have to go above and beyond to make things happen for your business to succeed. As an entrepreneur, you are going to have to learn things like how to communicate effectively, market your business, stay competitive, and more!
If you’re wondering what can you do to get uncomfortable with being uncomfortable, here are a few ways:
1. Embrace your failures
When it comes to entrepreneurship, success does not happen overnight. You will experience failure as an entrepreneur, that’s inevitable. But don’t take it as a bad thing but an experience that you learn from. It teaches you what not to do again and what you can do better next time around.
2. Surround yourself with like-minded people
One of the best ways to grow is to surround yourself with people who have reached the level of success you want to reach. They typically have a similar mindset to you but think differently too. You can learn so much from their wealth of knowledge.
3. Acknowledge your wins
Always acknowledge the success you have in your business, no matter how big or small. When you celebrate the small wins in your business, it keeps you motivated to want to keep going. It’s easy to compare ourselves to others and wonder why our business is not succeeding as the next person. But what that does is diminishes your motivation.
4. Be Open to change
In the world of entrepreneurship, you have to be willing to endure change to grow your business. What may have worked last year, may not work today. Being open to change is how you stay competitive in your industry.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post! I always want to encourage people to go out there and take a chance on themselves. You have to be willing to bet on yourself because if you don’t you may regret the chances you never take. What’s the worst that can happen? If you don’t succeed, you can always try again. If you’re looking to establish your business in the online space, be sure to book a 1:1 consultation with me.